Thursday, February 2, 2012

Incredible voice

http://www.facebook.com/neishadunnofficial?ref=nf&sk=app_2405167945



Hi, I’m Neisha! I’m an 18 year old singer-songwriter from London, Ontario. I grew up in an environment heavily driven by music. Whether it was from a toy, a movie, a television show, or a live performance in the living room from my parents, If it made sound, I clung to it. As a child, I had an immense love for perfo...rming. The sound of music was almost hypnotic to me, and even to this day it has the ability to put me in a trance. However, I didn’t always have dreams of pursuing music. In fact, until I was 13 years old, I had dreams of becoming an actress or a dancer. I studied many styles of dance in my earliest ages, ranging from classical ballet to hip-hop, as well as acro, gymnastics, jazz, and tap, and it was not until I entered my first year at a performing arts high school that I realized where my heart truly sat. During the school day I was learning how to play guitar, and in my spare time I was reading various works of poetry and developing a strong love for not only the spoken word, but the written word as well. Writing gave me the ability to fully express myself in ways that dancing could not. As a teenager surrounded by a thousand different pressures, I began to write down every last bit of emotion I felt onto paper. It became my outlet. In the next few years that followed, I began to write about the situations the people around me were going through. Once I realized that my personal situations weren’t that far off from the situations of those around me, I made an effort to merge words with melodies and music. At the age of 15, I decided to videotape my first song “Breathe” for Facebook. The response I received from friends and family about the honesty and the relatability in my lyrics was enough to make me heavily consider pursuing music. I guess that’s how all of this started. I can’t describe the feeling that music brings me, But what I do know is that every song I write comes from a very honest place. When people ask me what my goals are as far as music goes, my response will always be “To make people happy.” I truly believe that words have the power to harm or to heal, and I hope that some of mine will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment